You hear people (usually leaders) say “…think about it…” What EXACTLY does that mean? Over time I’ve come to learn there are a few things that phrase means to me.
- Give myself a minute (literally 60 seconds or less) in a place without distraction (often times driving or drinking my morning Spark). The key is to not be doing something but be just ending something.
- Asking myself these 4 questions about the thing that I read, heard or saw:
- How does this apply to me?
- Am I guilty of not doing this thought?
- Do I do this thought?
- How am I going to make a change (if necessary).
You can see it’s a very selfish process but then again that’s why it’s called SELF growth!