I found this sitting on my desk on Monday, it was left there by one of the most significant people in my life. He OWNS the word preparation.
With 7 months done and 5 to go here’s the update:
- Push up goal – 26,000. I’ve done 14,282 and am 3,383 behind the 8 ball.
- Planks goal – 43,800 seconds. I’ve done 25,440 and am 5,230 seconds behind the 8 ball.
- Rowing goal – 1,000,000 meters. I’ve rowed 588,666 meters and am 7,844 meters ahead of the 8 ball.
- Walking goal – 300 miles. I’ve walked 172 miles and am 64 miles ahead of the 8 ball.
This has been the hardest year yet because of how long my injuries took me out but the silver lining is that it’s taught me to think differently. 3 things on my side right now are this:
- My rib is healed and so is my shoulder.
- We made the command decision last night to cancel all travel plans during October – no travel = serious momentum for the big daddy.
- The first 2 things enable me to tap back into “push” mentality.
The hidden blessing in all of this is what the kids are seeing. This morning in PE class I taught them push ups, burpees and air squats. Then 30 minutes later while they were doing math I knocked out 50 push ups (trying to multi task) and they saw it. An hour later this was my conversation with Asie:
Asie “…abu remember when you were just excercising?”
Asie “were those push ups?”
Asie “the same things we did this morning in PE right?”
Asie “we did 5 didn’t we?”
Asie “exactly how many did you do?”
Me “50. why?”
Asie “just checking. I’ll do that tomorrow if that’s ok with you.”
Me “sure buddy, no problem.”